Women’s Plus Size Puffer Jackets: Useful Tips for Choosing the Most Suitable Coat
In a month, winter will come and you’ll need to put off your raincoat, so it’s time to choose the plus size puffer coats. There are thousands of cool options in different colors and materials, and sometimes it can be difficult to choose because of this. Therefore, we have prepared useful tips for you on how to choose fashionable puffer coats that would suit you in every possible way.
- Online shopping is very popular now because it saves time. But it is best to walk through at least a few stores, and if you like anything else, then look for a down jacket in the Internet stores. Having tried several options personally, you can determine in which style you look better. You can also use the services of an online store, where you can try on clothes before buying (you place an order, a courier brings things, you measure, and pay only for those that fit you, and the courier picks up the rest).
- It is important that you do not feel constrained in your movements. If you feel that you are pressing somewhere, it is better to take one size larger. You should not try on a plus size puffer coat on a T-shirt or anything light, because when you put on a warm sweater in winter, the down jacket may shrink.
- You should not save on a down jacket, because if you wish, you can wear it for more than one year. Therefore, choose high-quality fabrics that can keep you warm even at low temperatures.
- Consider your height when choosing a down jacket so as not to look too bulky. For example, girls of short stature should choose a coat up to mid-thigh or above the knee.
- Choose a plus size puffer jacket that matches your dressing style, especially if you have a capsule wardrobe.
These tips would help you with your choice, and we will also like to introduce you to our list of the most suitable puffer coats for plus size that might suit you!
Top Plus Size Down Coats
Curvaceous shapes are not a reason to buy ugly clothes, and hundreds of brands that make fashionable plus size clothes prove it. We have selected for you some interesting models of plus size down jackets.
Turn Down Shawl Collar Coat
This model has over 3000 positive reviews on Amazon and is made up of 40% polyester and 60% wool, so you can rest assured that you would feel cozy and warm in the cold weather. Additional accessories include a detachable belt and side pockets. Sometimes the color in the photo does not match the color of the clothes, but this does not apply to this plus size down jacket, because according to reviews, buyers were pleasantly surprised by the 100% match.
Thicken Hooded Parka
This plus size long puffer coat would keep you warm throughout the winter. It comes with a drawstring to help define your waist and two versatile pockets. According to reviews on Amazon, this coat is a great everyday option. This model has about 18 different colors, so you can definitely find the one that suits your style.
Michael Kors Plus Size Puffer Coat
This model has a feather filling. You can easily unfasten the faux fur hood before washing. This plus size long puffer coat has a comfortable closure. Its Amazon rating is 4.6 stars, and it has hundreds of positive reviews from satisfied customers.
Thicken Puffer Coat
It is made of durable pongee fabric that is wind- and waterproof, and it is a great puffer coat’s plus size for all outdoor activities in winter. It has tufted fiber insulation, faux fur hood and ribbed elasticated cuffs. Thicken comes with a full-length zip and buttons for extra closure in the front, and provides a 3X size. You can choose any color from nine options available.
Columbia Plus Size Packable Puffer Jacket
It is one of the best winter plus size bubble jackets around. It’s made from a nylon and polyester blend and has a waterproof shell to keep you dry and protected in any weather. The hood also features a chin guard designed to protect the head and absorb heat. This jacket features a reversible center front zip and two zip pockets.
Snow Country Plus Size Insulated Jacket
If you live in a windy city, the Snow Country is the model for you. It is made of microfleece with a stand-up collar and a comfortable hood. Sizes range from 1X to 6X. It also has good thermal insulation and is not bulky, even if you wear several warm sweaters under the bottom. You can choose any of 5 colors.
Lisa Colly Plus Size Fur Trim Coat
Even during cold weather near -4° F, this coat will be suitable for any occasion. It is a luxurious and dense coat with 4 buttons on hooks, and made of fluffy faux fox fur. Even if you are wearing 7XL size clothes, it will fit you perfectly.
Calvin Klein Metallic Jacket Plus Size
This Calvin Klein coat is 100% polyester, water-repellent and has a zip security pocket. In recent years, such models have become much more popular than fur coats. We came to the conclusion that the reason for the success of plus size metallic puffer jacket is that it is comfortable in everyday wear and can be easily washed in the washing machine if necessary.
Time and Tru Plus Size Bubble Coat
If you need to travel a lot in winter, then look at this bubble coat, which is easy to store in a carry-on or travel bag. It also has 7 colors to choose from, and only positive reviews on different online stores among other plus size bubble coats.
Treasure & Bond Maxi Puffer Coat Plus Size
This maxi coat is a great choice to withstand cold weather. It has a nylon outer layer and elasticated cuffs. It also comes with a hood with an adjustable drawstring and side pockets to keep you warm quickly.
Vegan Down Parka Jacket
It is one of the vegan plus size designer jackets, which is an eco-friendly and alternative to goose down insulation. It’s made from 100% polyester, with a soft, removable hood, trimmed with faux fur, and waterproof fabric to keep you dry in rain and snow. It is also one of the most popular vegan jackets on Amazon.
How to Define the Best Plus Size Designer Coats?
Let’s summarize how to choose the best winter down jacket.
- First, decide in what situations you need a down jacket. Technology does not stand still, and modern materials are sometimes much better suited for urban conditions than fluff or feathers. But if you often go out of town for long walks, choose the classic filling of the down jacket. The fluff of waterfowl is usually used – goose or duck. As a rule, this is a mix of down and feathers, so it is very important to pay attention to their ratio. Approach 50/50 models with caution. For the most severe winters, a ratio of 75% down to 25% feathers is best, in which you would definitely not freeze.
- If you are looking for a down jacket for an urban winter, then look at the artificial material. It is lightweight, does not require special maintenance conditions, and it would not be hot in it. There is an opinion that jackets with artificial filling create a “greenhouse effect”, but in reality it all depends on the outer material from which the jacket is made.
- The outer fabric of the jacket and the lining must be waterproof and breathable, allowing air exchange without loss of heat. And, of course, be as strong as possible.
- Make sure that all fasteners, zippers, buttons are functioning properly and have the brand name or logo on them. Look inside and check all the seams and stitches: they should be even, and there should not be any fluff or filler material sticking out of them. The filler itself should be evenly distributed over the women’s plus size puffer jackets.
You should not be too frivolous about the choice of outerwear, because this is the key to your health. If you freeze, you can get sick, and during a pandemic, a weakened immune system is not the best solution, so choosing a good down jacket would help you protect yourself and look stylish. Which winter down coat did you like the most from our list? Write in the comments!
- We are so happy you liked reading our article about plus size people, tell us why!
- We couldn't help you but you can! Please, share it with us!
More in Fashion
Best Stores for Plus Size Clothing That Are Definitely Worth Going Shopping
Girls with curvaceous forms often experience great difficulties with the selection of clothes. Universal models and sizes are not suitable...MORE
All the Secrets of the Junior Plus Size Fashion | Junior Plus Size Clothing
Since the teen fashion market has traditionally focused on small sizes, overweight girls may feel left out and marginalized in...MORE
Best Clubbing Outfits for Curvy Figures: Follow Them and Be a Star of a Night
If you want to have fun and dance, then there is nothing better than going to the club with good...MORE